ANNOUNCEMENT OF RACES
(In process of approval)
PROMOTIONAL LONG DISTANCE RACE
AND PROMOTIONAL RACES FOR PUPILS AND CADETS
CANOTTIERI LAGO D’ORTA A.S.D.
Via Domodossola, 25 – 28016 ORTA SAN GIULIO (NO) – Italia
Tel. e fax: +390323888821
14thItalian Sculling Challenge – Memorial Don Angelo Villa &
4th Orta Lake Eights Challenge – REMO ROSSO TROPHEY
Lake Orta – Saturday October 5th and Sunday October 6th 2019
1. Local Organizing Committee (COL): ASD Rowers of Orta Lake in collaboration with the Piedmont Regional Committee and municipalities of Orta San Giulio, Miasino and Pettenasco.
2. Promotional competitions: The racesnot valid for National rankings are: A)The Long Distance Promotional race (Orta Lake Eights Challenge) with boats of “EIGHT” for the distance of 6000 meters B)Long distance promotional race (Italian Sculling Challenge) with single boats for a distance of 6000 metersC)Promotional race (Memorial don Angelo Villa category youth) with boats “7.20” and “Single” for a distance of 1000 meters.Athletes in the Master categories can compete in the Senior category, in which case the entire crew will be ranked in the Senior category. The race is open to regions and athletes outside of Italy.
3. Programmed competitions and crews allowed:
A) Orta Lake Eights Challenge, race in 8 + departure (blocks of 6-8 crews, not necessarily of the same category) boats will depart every 30 “for the Categories Boys, Junior, Senior, Master, and University [*], in categories feminine or masculine; joint corporate crews are allowed; In all categories mixed male/female crews are allowed [* *], for the distance of 6,000 meters. Given the promotional value of the event, for the current edition of the Orta Lake Eights Challenge, for the Senior category athletes belonging to the category Boysare allowed to enroll and make-up to 50% of the crew.Athletes in the Master categories can compete in the Senior category, in which case the entire crew will be ranked in the Senior category.
B) Italian Sculling Challenge,one departure per everyone (mass start) in lines of 25 single boats for athletes in the category of Ragazzi, Junior, Senior or Master (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H), female and male for the distance of 6.000 meters.
C) Memorial don Angelo Villa cat. Youthone departure for each category in single/7.20 for athletes students B1 and B2 (boat 7.20) and students C and cadets, female and male (single skiff), for the distance of 1,000 meters.
[*] Crew with at least 5 athletes enrolled in the current academic year.
[**] will be classified in the cat. Male
4. Departures sequence: The departure of race A)will start at 10.00 o’clock on Saturday 05/10/2019 with a cadence of 30″ between the different boats (of each block) and one hour between the blocks; The departure of race C)will commence at 10.00 o’clock on Sunday 06/10/2019; The departure of race B)will be at 12.00 o’clock on Sunday 06/10/2019. For all races the crews must be upstream of the departure 15′ before departure.
5. Entries: participants may register online athttp://www.ortalakechallenge.comno later than midnight Monday 23/09/2019; The week before the race, the athlete and clubs participating will be published on the Orta Lake Challenge site at www.ortalakechallenge.com.
6. Cost of Entry:
RACE A; Orta Lake eights Challenge (8 +) the Boat 8 + (FILIPPI) will be provided by C. O.
|From 01/09/2019||To 02/09/2019|
|For NON-Master crews||
For NON Master crews + Boat of the organization
|For Master crews||
For Master crews + Boat of the organization
RACE B;Italian Sculling Challenge
Non Master athletes: € 40 (€ 25 for payments made by 01/09/2019)
Master Category: € 50 (€ 35 for payments made by 01/09/2019).
RACE C; Youth catagories: € 10 per athlete
The payment must be made at the time of registration by bank transfer to:
Beneficiary: ASD Canottieri Lago D’orta
IBAN: IT38H0503445550000000020184- BANCA POPOLARE DI NOVARA AG. OMEGNA
SWIFT Code BAPPIT21660
Please note in the comments section your name and the races included in this payment.
It will be the organization’s responsibility to publish the crews registered on the site http://www.ortalakechallenge.com.
It will be the responsibility of the companies to check the crews registered before the accreditation.
In case of cancellation and/or non-participation monies not be refunded for any registration fee or boat rental.
7.MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CREWS ALLOWED:
RACE A: 40 crews (eight members each)
30 crews (eight members each) maximum with boats provided by the organization
RACE B: 150 individual entries
RACE C : 120 individual entries for youth catagories
COL reserves the right to close and or modify entry limits as needed
8. FACILITATION:Athletes who are already registered for the Orta Lake Eights Challenge (8+) at the time of accreditation for Italian Sculling Challenge races (single) will receive a credit of €15. For those who want to rent a single boat, please send a request to email@example.com no later than 01/09/2019.
9. ACCREDITATION: can be picked up from the COL Secretary Saturday 05/10/2019 from 7.30 to 8.30 for the races of 8+ and Sunday 06/10/2019 from 7.30 to 8.30 for the Memorial race. The definitive race program will be affixed to the bulletin board at the Orta club within 30 minutes of confirming the accreditations and post them on site http://www.ortalakechallenge.com
10. VERIFY ENTRIES: The COL Secretary will verify entries on Wednesday the 2ndof October at 17.00 (5.00 pm). A detailed program of races will be posted on the bulletin board and on http://www.ortalakechallenge.com. Any further communications on race day will be posted on the bulletin board at the Orta club or announced by the speaker in an emergency
- 14thITALIAN SCULLING CHALLENGE (Memorial don Angelo Villa)
To be awarded:
-Commemorative TROPHIES to the first, second and third place athletes absolute cat. Male
-Commemorative TROPHIES to the first, second and third place athletes absolute cat. Female
-MEDALS of I, II and III grade will be awarded to the top three rowers in each category.
Each participant will be given a souvenir T-shirt of the event.
To the first three athletes classified in the categories Boys and Juniors both male and femalewill be awarded a plaque depicting the trophy.
To the first three athletes classified in the categories Students B1-B2, C students and cadets both male and female will be awarded a cup.
To celebrate the 14thItalian Sculling Challenge the Perpetual Trophy “Don Angelo Villa”, offered by the Rowing Federation in memory of Don Angelo Villa founder of the Canottieri Lake Orta who was a passionate teacher of young and adult champions, a mentor and Chaplin to the Italian rowers will be awarded to the two athletes in the overall ranking for women and men. Name plates will be attached to the trophy that will remain on the premises of the organizing association.
The first place Master class female will be awarded the Massimo Forni Trophy.
- 4thOrta Lake EightsChallenge:
The first place winners will be awarded the REMO ROSSO CHALLENGE TROPHEY that will remain in the seat of the rowing club and each year will be updated with a name plate of the winning team. The winners will be given a miniature reproduction and each athlete will receive a technical clothing Kit from the collection “Orta Lake Challenge” offered by REMO ROSSO TECNOWEAR. The second and third place athlethes will be given GADGETS offered by REMO ROSSO TECNOWEAR and all participants will be given a tee-shirt.
MEDALS of I, II and III grade will be assigned to the first three rowing crews of all the categories.
To the first crew absolute Master category will be delivered the FRANCO FORNARA TROPHEY.
12. TIMEKEEPERS: timing will be taken care of by the the Italian Federation of Timekeepers –Novara and VCO.
CLAIMS AGAINST ANY OF THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
ASD CANOTTIERI LAGO d’ORTA
PIEDMONT REGIONAL F.I.C. COMMITTEE
Giuseppe DE MAGISTRIS
FEDERATION OF ITALIAN ROWERS ( F.I.C.)
The announcement was approved by the Federation of Italian Rowers (F.I.C) on: __________________