Announcement of Races
PROMOTIONAL LONG DISTANCE RACE
AND PROMOTIONAL RACES FOR ALL YOUTH CATAGORIES
CANOTTIERI LAGO D’ORTA A.S.D.
Via Domodossola, 25
28016 ORTA SAN GIULIO (NO) – Italia
Tel. e fax: +390323888821
Sito internet: ortalakechallenge.com
12th ITALIAN SCULLING CHALLENGE
12 th Memorial don Angelo Villa
2nd ORTA LAKE EIGHTS CHALLENGE
Lake Orta- Saturday the 4th and Sunday the 5th of March, 2017
1. ORGANZIATION CHART– C.O.L. (race Code 46 Norm) ASD Rowers of Orta Lake in collaboration with the Piemont Regional Committee municipalities of Orta San Giulio, Miasino and Pettenasco.
|Safety Manager for boats and communications (1)||
Race Doctor-medical and rescue services
|Manager of boat park, wharves and competition course||Emiliano SOIA
(b) Marco CONGIU
|Communications and Press contact||
|President of Judges (2)||
a cura della CDA
1)Activities and responsibilities as described in 464/5 and 46/Nda code of the race.
2)The PdG and its Auxiliaries will be called to meet after the competition announcement is approved and a copy has been sent to COL.
2. PLANNED RACES: not valid for National rankings: A) The Long Distance Promotional Race (Orta Lake Eights Challenge) with boats of “EIGHT” for the distance of 6000 meters B) Long Distance Promotional Race (Italian Sculling Challenge) with single boats for a distance of 6km C) Promotional Race (Memorial don Angelo Villa category youth) with boats “7.20” and “Single” for a distance of 1000 meters.
3. The Organizing Committee, in agreement with the President of the Referee judges can in case of bad weather delay, stop or cancel the races.
4. COMPETITION SCHEDULE AND CREWS ALLOWED
A) Orta Lake Eights Challenge, departures every 30 seconds in 8+ for athletes in the categories of “Ragazzi”, Junior, Senior, Master and undergraduates; unique categories of male and female, mixed corporate crews are allowed in all categories, any mixed crews (masculine/feminine) will be classified in the category Male, for the distance of 6,000 meters.
B) Italian Sculling Challenge, one departure per everyone in lines of 25 single boats for athletes in the category of “Ragazzi”, junior, senior or master (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H), female and male for the distance of 6.000 meters.
C) Memorial don Angelo Villa category youth, one departure for each category starting with single/720 for pupils “B1” and “B2” (7.20 boat) Pupils “C” and Cadets, female and male (single sculls) for the distance of 1,000 meters.
5. DEPARTURE SEQUENCE: A) Orta Lake Eight Challenge, departure begins at 12.00, Saturday the 4th of March 2017 with intervals every 30 seconds; B) Italian Sculling Challenge, departure begins at 12.00, Sunday the 5th of March 2017 C)Memorial don Angelo Villa, departure begins at 10.00 Sunday the 5th of March, 2017. For every race, the crews must have the equipment at the starting point and ready at least 15 minutes before race departure.
6.REGISTRATION: participants may register online at www.ortalakechallenge.com no later than midnight Sunday 26th of February, 2017. The following day, the individual and association names of the participants will be published on www.ortalakechallenge.com. For foreign individuals or clubs, the registration must be sent to via email to email@example.com or sent via fax to +39.0323.888821 attention of Canottieri lago d’Orta A.S.D.
7. REGISTRATION FEES: for youth catagory, the fee is five (5) euro per athlete from midnight 15th of February 2017. Registrations received after the 15th of February and up until the 26th of February will be 10 euro per athlete.
8. For the Italian Sculling Challenge in singles and not in the Master category, the fee is 20.00 euro per athlete until midnight the 15th of February. For athletes in the Master category, the fee is 25.00 euro per athlete until midnight the 15th of February. Registrations received after the 15th of February and up until the 26th of February will be 25.00 euro for non Master class and 30.00 for Master class.
9. For the Orta Lake Eights Challenge (8+) the fee is 150.00 euro per crew until midnight the 15th of February. Registrations received after the 15th of February and up until the 26th of February will be 180.00 euro per crew.
10. The deadline for all entries of all races is set for midnight of the 26th of February 2017.
11. Once payment has been made, send a copy of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org . For those who are unable to make a payment before race day may pay the late registration fee in euro,(NO credit cards, or checks accepted) the morning of the race with no other additional penalties .
12. The athletes who are already enrolled in Orta Lake Eights Challenge (8+) will have a reduction of 10.00 euro for the individual races on Sunday.
13. PAYMENT: Payment of registration fees are to be made by bank transfer to account;
SWIFT Code: BAPPIT21660
Recipient Canottieri Lago d’Orta
Payable to BANCA POPOLARE DI NOVARA AG. OMEGNA. Please note in the comments section your name and the races included in this payment.
14. ACCREDITATION: can be picked up from the Secretary Saturday the 4th of March 2017 from 8.00 to 10.00 for the races of 8+ and Sunday the 5th of March 2017 from 8.00 to 9.00 for the Memorial race. If you are late, you must notify the Secretary of the race at +39.335.667.5878. The definitive race program will be affixed to the bulletin board at the Orta Club within 2 hours of confirming the accreditations and post them on http://www.ortalakechallenge.com.
15. VERIFY REGISTRATION: with the secretary of the race on Tuesday the 28th of February at 17.00 (5.00 pm). A detailed program of races will be posted on the bulletin board and on http://www.ortalakechallenge.com. Any further communications on race day will be posted on the bulletin board at the Orta Club or announced by the speaker in an emergency.
12th ITALIAN SCULLING CHALLENGE (memorial don Angelo Villa)
450 euros first place male/female
200 euro second place male/female
100 euro third place male/female
The two first place winners will receive a trophy and a photo reproduction in a silver frame. I, II and III grade medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each category of rowers. Each participant will receive a souvenir tee-shirt of the event. The top three finishers in both male and female “Ragazzi” and Juniors will be awarded a plaque. The top three finishers in the categories of youth, “B1”-“B2”, “C” and “Cadetti” both male and female will be given a cup.
To celebrate the 12th Italian Sculling Challenge the Perpetual Trophy, offered by the Rowing Federation in memory of Don Angelo Villa founder of the boating Lake Orta who was a passionate teacher of young and adult champions, a mentor and chaplin to the Italian rowers will be awarded to the two athletes in the overall ranking for women and men. Name plates will be attached to the trophy that will remain on the premises of the organizing association.
The first place Master class female will be awarded the Massimo Forni Trophy.
ORTA LAKE EIGHTS CHALLENGE
The first place winners will be awarded the Remo Rosso Challenge Trophy. The trophy will remain in the seat of the rowing club and each year will be updated with a name label of the winning team. The winners will receive a miniature reproduction and customer apparel kit offered by Remo Red Tecnowear. The second and third place winners will be given gadgets by Remo Rosso Tecnowear and all participants will be given a tee-shirt of the event.
I, II, and III grade medals will be awarded to the first three classified crews of rowers in all categories.
The first Master class crew will be receive the Franco Fornara Trophy.
17. TIMEKEEPERS: timing will be taken care of by the Italian Federation of Timekeepers –Novara and VCO.
18. GENERAL PROVISIONS: for matters not covered in this announcement, please refer to the Code of Races, the Organizational Rules of Long Distance Racing.
Registration: until midnight Sunday the 26th of February 2017
Accreditation: Saturday 8.00 a.m. 10.00 a.m. the 4th of March 2017 for 8 + race and Sunday 8.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.; the 5th of March 2017 for the Memorial don Angelo Villa category Youth and Italian Sculling Challenge.
Sequence number of race and race bib will be handed out with a deposit of 10,00 euro which will be refunded upon return of the pectorals and number
Weight of the coxs will be on the 4th of March 2017 from 10.00am – 11.00 am
Start of competitions: Saturday the 4th of March 2017 at 12.00 pm (Eights Challenge) and Sunday the 5th of March 2017 at 10.00 am Memorial don Angelo Villa category Youth and at 12.00 (midday) for Italian Sculling Challenge.
ASD CANOTTIERI LAGO d’ORTA
REGIONAL COMMITTEE OF F.I.C.-PIEMONTE
APPROVED by Federation of Italian Rowers on 14/2/2017
FEDERATION OF ITALIAN ROWERS (F.I.C.)