Announcement of Races
PROMOTIONAL LONG DISTANCE RACE
AND PROMOTIONAL RACES FOR PUPILS AND CADETS
CANOTTIERI LAGO D’ORTA A.S.D.
Via Domodossola, 25
28016 ORTA SAN GIULIO (NO) – Italia
Tel. e fax: +390323888821
13th ITALIAN SCULLING CHALLENGE-DON ANGELO VILLA MEMORIAL
3nd Orta Lake Eights Challenge
Lake Orta- Saturday the 3rd and Sunday the 4th of March, 2018
1. ORGANZIATIONAL CHART– C.O.L. (Local organizing committee),race Code 46 Norm, ASD Rowers of Orta Lake in collaboration with the Piemont Regional Committee and municipalities of Orta San Giulio, Miasino and Pettenasco.
|Safety Manager for boats and communications (1)||
Race Doctor-medical and rescue services
Manager of boat park, wharves and competition course
(b) Marco CONGIU
|Communications and Press contact||
|President of Judges (2)||
a cura della CDA
1)Activities and responsibilities as described in 46/4 and 46/5 in the code of the race.
2)The PdG (President of the Judges) and its Auxiliaries will be called to meet after the competition announcement is approved and a copy has been sent to COL.
2. PLANNED RACES: not valid for National rankings: A)The Long Distance Promotional race (Orta Lake Eights Challenge) with boats of “EIGHT” for the distance of 6000 meters B) Long distance promotional race (Italian Sculling Challenge) with single boats for a distance of 6,000m C)Promotional race (Memorial don Angelo Villa category youth) with boats “7.20” and “Single” for a distance of 1000 meters.
3. RACE CANCELLATION
The Organizing Committee, in agreement with the President of the Referee judges can in case of bad weather delay, stop or cancel the races. If races are cancelled, athletes will not be reimbursed for entries or boat rentals.
4. COMPETITION SCHEDULE AND CREWS ALLOWED
A) Orta Lake Eights Challenge, – 8+, groups of up to 8 boats will depart every hour. Within each group (categories of Ragazzi, Junior, Senior, Master and Undergraduates) boats will depart every 30 seconds. For athletes in the unique categories of male and female, mixed corporate crews are allowed in all categories, any mixed crews (masculine/feminine) will be classified in the category Male, for the distance of 6,000 meters.
B) Italian Sculling Challenge, one departure per everyone (mass start) in lines of 25 single boats for athletes in the category of Ragazzi, Junior, Senior or Master (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H), female and male for the distance of 6.000 meters.
C) Memorial don Angelo Villa, one departure for each category starting with single/720 for Pupils B1 and B2 (7.20 boat) and Cadets, female and male (single sculls) for the distance of 1,000 meters.
5. DEPARTURE SEQUENCE: A) Orta Lake Eight Challenge, departure begins at 10.00, Saturday 03/03/2018 with group starts every hour and individual crew starts (within each group) every 30 seconds; C)Memorial don Angelo Villa, departure begins at 10.00 Sunday 04/03/2018. B) Italian Sculling Challenge, departure begins at 12.00, Sunday 04/03/2018. For every race, the crews must have the equipment at the starting point and ready at least 15 minutes before race departure.
6.ENTRIES: participants may register online at www.ortalakechallenge.com no later than midnight Saturday 24/02/2018. The week before the race , the athletes and clubs participating will be published on www.ortalakechallenge.com.
7. ENTRY FEES:
Orta Lake Eights Challenge (Race A- 8+) boats (FILIPPI) can be provided by C.O.
The fees are:
€ 300 per crew for NON-Master crews with boat provided
€ 400 per crew for MASTER crews with boat provided
€ 220 per crew for NON-Master crews with own boat
€ 320 per crew for MASTER crews with own boat
Fees for Italian Sculling Challenge (Race B) until10 January 2018 are:
€25 NON-Master Single
€35 MASTER Single
From 11 January 2018 the fees will be:
€40 NON-Master Single
€50 MASTER Single
Fees for Memorial don Angelo Villa category Youth (Race C) until 10 January 2018 are:
€5 per athlete
From 11 January 2018 the fees will be:
€10 per athlete
8. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CREWS ALLOWED:
GARA A: 40 crews (eight members each) total-
30 crews (eight members each) maximum with boats provided by the organization
GARA B: 150 individual entries
GARA C : 100 individual entries for category (Pupils and Cadets)
COL reserves the right to close and or modify entry limits as needed.
9. FACILITATION: Athletes who are already registered in the Orta Lake Eights Challenge (8+) at the time of accreditation for Italian Sculling Challenge races (single) will receive a credit of €15. For those who want to rent a single boat, please send a request to email@example.com no later than 01/02/2018.
10 PAYMENT: Payment must be made at the time of registration via credit card or by bank transfer to:
Beneficiary: ASD Canottieri Lago d’Orta
Account: ; IBAN IT38H0503445550000000020184, BANCA POPOLARE DI NOVARA AG. OMEGNA
SWIFT Code: BAPPIT21660
Please note in the comments section your name and the races included in this payment. Once payment has been verified, the organization will send the confirmation receipt of registration via email.
REMEMBER TO SHOW UP AT ACCREDITATION WITH THE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION FOR EACH CREW EITHER PRINTED OR VIA SMARTPHONE.
11. ACCREDITATION: can be picked up from the Secretary Saturday the 03/03/2018 from 7.30 to 8.30 for the races of 8+ and Sunday 04/03/2018 from 8.00 to 9.00 for the Memorial race. The definitive race program will be affixed to the bulletin board at the Orta club within 15 minutes of confirming the accreditations and post them on site http://www.ortalakechallenge.com.
12. VERIFY ENTRIES with the secretary of the race on Tuesday the 28th of February at 17.00 (5.00 pm). A detailed program of races will be posted on the bulletin board and on http://www.ortalakechallenge.com. Any further communications on race day will be posted on the bulletin board at the Orta club or announced by the speaker in an emergency.
For the 13th ITALIAN SCULLING CHALLENGE (memorial don Angelo Villa) each participant will be given a souvenir tee-shirt of the event. Other awards given will be:
-Commemorative trophies to the overall first, second and third place Male/Female athletes
– I, II and III place medals will be awarded to the top three rowers of each category
-Plaques with a picture of the trophy will be awarded to the first three athletes classified in the categories Ragazzi and Juniors both male and female
-A cup will be awarded to the first three athletes classified in the categories Pupils B1-B2, Pupils C and Cadets both male and female
To celebrate the 13th Italian Sculling Challenge the Perpetual Trophy “Don Angelo Villa”, offered by the Rowing Federation in memory of Don Angelo Villa founder of the Canottieri Lake Orta who was a passionate teacher of young and adult champions, a mentor and Chaplin to the Italian rowers will be awarded to the two athletes in the overall ranking for women and men. Name plates will be attached to the trophy that will remain on the premises of the organizing association.
The first place Master class male will be awarded the Massimo Forni Trophy.
3rd ORTA LAKE EIGHTS CHALLENGE
The first place winners will be awarded the Remo Rosso Challenge Trophy. The trophy will remain in the seat of the rowing club and each year will be updated with a name plate of the winning team. The winners will receive a miniature reproduction and customer apparel kit offered by Remo Rosso Tecnowear. The second and third place winners will be given gadgets by Remo Rosso Tecnowear and all participants will be given a tee-shirt of the event.
I, II, and III grade medals will be awarded to the first three classified crews of rowers in all categories.
The first Master class crew will be receive the Franco Fornara Trophy.
14. TIMEKEEPERS: timing will be taken care of by the the Italian Federation of Timekeepers –Novara and VCO.
15. GENERAL PROVISIONS: for matters not covered in this announcement, please refer to the Code of Races, the Organizational Rules of Long Distance Racing.
Entries: until midnight Saturday 24 February 2018
Accreditation: Saturday 03/03/2018 7.30- 8.30 for 8+ and Sunday 04/03/2018 from 8.00-9.00 for the Memorial Don Angelo Villa category Youth and Italian Sculling Challenge.
Sequence number of race: pectorals and race number will be handed out with a deposit of €10,00 which will be refunded upon return of the pectorals and race number.
Weight of the coxs: will be on Saturday 3/03/2018 from 8.00-9:00 for the first group, subsequent departures will follow according to the program.
Start of races: Saturday 03/03/2018-10.00 8+ Challenge and Sunday 04/03/2018 -10.00 for Memorial don Angelo Villa category Youth and 04/03/2018-12.00 for Italian Sculling Challenge.
Announcement in process of approval by the Federation of Italian Rowers.
ASD ROWERS OF LAGO d’ORTA
REGIONAL COMMITTEE OF F.I.C.-PIEMONTE
Giuseppe DE MAGISTRIS
FEDERATION OF ITALIAN ROWERS (F.I.C.)