Orta Lake Challenge
virtual edition 2020
Orta Lake Eights Challenge virtual edition
Italian Sculling Challenge virtual edition
Unable to host you in Orta San Giulio this year, we invite all rowers to complete the Orta Lake Challenge race in the lake/river/sea/canal that everyone prefers! 6000 meters in Eights+ and in Single, certified by a GPS at your disposal; results will be compared in virtual rankings.
– Orta Lake Eights Challenge virtual edition. The distance is 6000 meters for the Under16, Junior, University, Senior and Master categories. The course must include 2 buoy turns, every 2000 meters (front reversal).
– Italian Sculling Challenge virtual edition. The distances are: 6000 meters for the Under16, Junior, Senior and Master ABCDEFGHI categories (the course must include 2 buoy turns, every 2000 meters: front reversal); 1000 meters (in a straight line) for the categories Pupils B (born in 2008-09), Pupils C (2007) and Cadets (2006).
To participate to the event, you must fill out the form on the page www.ortalakechallenge.com/OLCvirtual. Validation takes place by a post on Instagram or Facebook a selfie with the time of your performance; on all published photos tag the page @canottierilagodorta and insert the hashtag #ortalakechallenge. If you do not have access to social networks, you can send the photo by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each participant can compete and submit the time on the predefined distance infinite times, for the purposes of the ranking the best time for each athlete will be considered. Free registration!
The event begins on Saturday 12 September at 8.00 and ends on Sunday 4 October at 11.00 (Rome time GMT+2).
The official rankings will be published on Sunday 4 October at 12.00 on the event website.
The ranking is purely indicative, based on the honesty of the athletes, as it cannot be based on the same conditions and instruments for measuring distances and times for all participants.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to exclude from the final rankings, in its sole discretion, any participant who has not behaved in line with the spirit of the event.
All participants in the Orta Lake Challenge virtual edition 2020 will receive a discount on registrations for the Orta Lake Challenge 2021.
– Every Sunday at 20.00 (20 and 27 September, 4 October) the first M/F athlete in the ranking of each category 1x (PupB1, PupB2, PupC, Cad, U16, Jun, Sen, Master) will win a prize offered by Di-Bi.
– The overall male and female winners of the Italian Sculling Challenge will win their stay (room and board) in Orta San Giulio to participate in the Orta Lake Challenge 2021.
– A free entry for the 2021 edition will be given away by drawing lots among the members of the Orta Lake Eights Challenge.